President & Founding Partner mitú
Beatriz is the president and founding partner of mitú, the leading digital media company bringing a Latino POV to mainstream media. As the voice of Latino youth, mitú’s unapologetic storytelling drives more than half a billion monthly views, with over 100 million people a month engaging with its cross-cultural content.
Acevedo is a digital pioneer and network approved show-runner with more than 20 years of entertainment experience, having created, developed and produced hundreds of original, primetime television shows and award-winning digital series. Her agnostic approach to both traditional and digital content creation has earned Beatriz three Emmy Awards, an MTV Award, and two Streamy Awards. She has also developed and produced television and digital branded content for over a dozen Blue Chip brands.
Beatriz is passionate about mentoring and empowering the next generation of Latino leaders and diversity as good ROI. She lives in Santa Monica and is a proud and passionate Latina who juggles work along with her 12 year old twins Isabela and Diego.
Some awards and Recognitions:
- 3x Emmy Winning producer and writer.
- Awarded Cynopsis Media – Top Women Digital (Entrepreneur Award)
- The Wired “#26 of 100 Global Leaders
- The Hollywood Reporter Silicon Beach Power 25: A Ranking of L.A.’s Top Digital Media Players
- Outstanding Innovation in Social Media-mitú: 18th Annual National Hispanic Media Coalition Impact Awards
- TheWrap’s Innovators List: 11 Thought Leaders Who Are Changing Hollywood
- LABJ “Top Foreign Born Entrepreneurs”
- Girl Lash Club